We answer your questions about COVID-19 and amenity openings. Our expert attorneys address how to safely open and operate community amenities under current COVID-19 guidelines.
• Georgia Governor Kemp’s Empowering a Healthy Georgia Executive Order
• Updates to CDC COVID-19 Guidelines
• Local & Private Mask Requirements
• Vaccination Requirements
Download the updated July 2020 Georgia Department of Health COVID-19 Guide for Public Swimming Pools to get more information on safely opening community association pools.
Download the updated April 2021 Centers for Disease Control Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines.
Download the Renewal of Public Health State of Emergency signed by Governor Brian Kemp on March 31, 2021.
Download Governor Brian Kemp’s Executive Order: Empowering a Healthy Georgia updated March 2021.
A Community’s New Year’s “Resolution” Tool for Keeping It Civil
Many communities are creating a civility resolution to define an expectation of civility, decorum, and courtesy within their communities.Read More
Protect your community association by downloading this COVID-19 warning sign to hang in common areas.
See a full list of documents and articles related to COVID-19 here. Also, head to our YouTube channel to watch all of the L&J Morning Break webinar archives related to this topic and our other educational videos.
New community association laws are going into effect. L&J attorneys offer guidance on how community associations will be impacted by new laws adopted by the Georgia legislature in 2020, including the COVID-19 Pandemic Business Safety Act and a new law for water damage insurance claims in condos.
How has COVID-19 impacted the Georgia court system? Our expert attorneys address the issue in the latest L&J Morning Break. Topics include:
• Georgia courts are reopening. How to move forward with covenant enforcement and collections
• Defending homeowner claims for assessment reductions or reimbursements due to amenity closings
How do you safely operate community associations during COVID-19? We share guidance on the topic including: Georgia’s new COVID-19 liability protection law and can we require masks in common areas?
We review the impact of Governor Kemp’s June 11, 2020 executive order on amenity openings during the COVID-19 pandemic. Other topics include:
• Another Executive Order from Governor Kemp
• What Exactly are Gatherings, and Do We Still have to Socially Distance?
• Amenity Guest Policies & Age Regulations
Our attorneys break down association operation strategies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Pools/Amenities: Explaining Governor Kemp’s Latest Executive Order
• Actions to Take NOW to be Prepared for the End of the Statewide Judicial Emergency
• More on Responding to Owner Assessment Refund & Reduction Requests
Below is a suggested letter for association boards to send to owners requesting refunds or reduced assessments due to the community amenities being closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join our expert attorneys as they explain Governor Kemp’s executive order, present board amenity opening plans and decisions to owners, and explain how to respond to owner assessment refund and reduction requests.
Adding Value to your Community Through Governing Document Amendments
What amendments need to be changed or added to your community’s governing legal documents? L&J offers advice on adding value through documents in this article.Read More
We continue our discussion about the COVID-19 pandemic and how it impacts collections.
Topics for this webinar include:
• Update on Judicial Emergency Order
• What Does the Update Mean for Collections?
• What is Happening with the Courts Today?
• Can we Get Garnishments and Foreclosures Going Again?
Opening Community Association Amenities During COVID-19: Sample Signs and Documents
We discuss and provide sample documents and signage to use when opening community association amenities during COVID-19.Read More
With many communities getting ready to open their amenities, keep your association protected during the COVID-19 pandemic through a use agreement and release. Download our suggested waiver/release form here.
Community associations can download this sign. We suggest hanging by the pool in your community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Community associations can download this sign. We suggest hanging by the amenities, other than the pool, in your community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join us as we discuss navigating community association business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• How Long Must We Social Distance
• Covid-19 Insurance Issues
• Electronic Elections
• Fining Resolutions
• New Emotional Support Animal Regulations
Community Association Litigation During COVID-19: Covenants, Claims, Courts, Contracts and Community
Our experienced L&J attorneys discuss litigation during the coronavirus pandemic.
• Enforcing the Covenants During The Pandemic – Does Stay At Home Mean Anything Goes?
• Liabilities and Claims Against Associations
• The Courts: Closed But Not Shutdown
• Vendor Contracts: Delay, Breach, and Defenses
• Testing Positive: Should the Association notify the community if an individual has
tested positive for COVID-19?