Derek’s practice includes Community Association Litigation, Assessment Collection Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Insurance Defense Litigation before Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts. In his many years of practice, Derek has represented community associations throughout Metropolitan Atlanta, North Georgia, Savannah, Macon, and Columbus.
Derek has served as a licensed instructor for the Georgia Real Estate Commission, and has taught the Community Association Management Pre-licensing Course for the Georgia Institute of Real Estate and continuing education courses to Georgia’s community association managers. He also lectures and writes on relevant topics to community associations.
State University of New York at Albany, B.S. 1991
Emory University of Law School, Juris Doctor 1994
Atlanta Bar Association
The Order of Barristers
Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- “Tips & Tricks for Collecting Assessments” Community Associations Institute, Georgia Chapter, Legal Forum, 2002
- “Law & Order In Community Associations: How Long Are Association Covenants Enforceable Georgia Commons, 2003
- “State of the Housing Industry” Community Association Institute, Georgia Chapter, 2009
- Georgia SuperLawyer, 2004
- Georgia Community Association Institute’s Leadership Award, 2002
In the Community
Derek currently serves on the Georgia Chapter Community Association Institute Fund Raising Committee